Wednesday 4 June 2008

Charles and Camilla move in next door

Every year around this time, our neighbourhood is graced with the presence of its most famous residents, the Royal Family. Strangely, we have been present every year for the past three years when the helicopter has landed in the park behind our flat, and have managed photos on two occasions.

It's all very exciting. First, a hoard of police arrive in a van. Then, they go around telling all the kite fliers to take in their kites. Then they form a square at the corner of the park through which no one is allowed to walk. This involves much waving of arms and pointing at Japanese tourists and dog walkers. This is the point at which I arrived today. I knew what was about to happen, and my first thought was 'Sweet, some awesome photos for my 365 tonight!' So I plopped myself down on the grass to enjoy the sunshine for awhile. About 15 minutes later, the gates of the Palace open, a helicopter emblazoned HRH lands inside the square of policemen and a bunch of people get out and rush into the Palace. This year I was close enough to actually get a couple of photos of HRH in a kilt.





1 comment:

Christine (Rainy Day Reads) said...

That must be fun to watch! :)